A Bright Window Is A Right Window
Over time, grime, dirt, and water spots accumulate slowly on the frame and glass of your windows, obstructing your view and blocking sunlight. In order to keep your windows clean and clear so that you’re able to enjoy the views of the outdoors, you should keep window washing and cleaning at the top of your cleaning priorities so that your windows look as sparkling as Burj Khalifa’s Windows.
There are many window-cleaning solutions available in the market that promise to make your windows clean and shiny. However, you should be careful when selecting the window cleaning solution you will be using for cleaning your windows. Select the cleaning solution that will suit your windows the most and will help you in cleaning your windows in the most efficient and effective manner.
Fortunately, the process of washing and cleaning windows is fairly easy and simple if you follow our window cleaning tips to clean inside and outside areas of your office or house windows. By using these techniques you can easily clean your home or office windows yourself. However at any point, if you find this job difficult you can contact Power Facilities Management who is providing window cleaning services in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, and all other states of Pakistan for the past 20+ years.
Cleaning Windows from the Inside
- First, take a bucket full of clean and cold water and after that add some drops of liquid dish soap in that bucket water.
- Place a piece of cloth or towel beneath your windows during the cleaning process, to catch any spills.
- Use a sponge or a microfiber cloth to go over the glass surface of your windows, starting from the top and working your way down the bottom. Never forget to wipe and clean the frames of your windows both from the inside as well as the outside.
- Use a spraying bottle, containing a cleaning solution that suits your windows the best, to spray your windows thoroughly. If you don’t want to use a cleaning solution then you can also prepare a homemade cleaning solution by adding two parts water to one part white vinegar. Alternatively, you could mix two gallons of water with one capful of ammonia.
- Use a lint-free cloth or towel to dry the glass of your windows and that too in a Z-shaped pattern.
- If any grime or dirt remains then spray the cleaning solution again and dry it again as well. Windows that are full of dirt and grime require at least 2 rounds of spraying and drying.
Cleaning Windows from the Outside
- Outside of the windows usually have more grime, dirt, stains, and spots. Start by washing/ rinsing the outside glass of your windows with the help of a hose, then take a bucket full of clean and cold water, and add some drops of liquid dish soap to it.
- Use a microfiber cloth to go over the surface of your windows. Use a sponge or microfiber mop for higher windows or soft cotton on a pole.
- Spray the glass on the outside of your windows thoroughly with a suitable cleaning solution.
- Dry the glass of your windows by using a clean and rubber-bladed squeegee. Angle your squeegee towards the bottom of the glass of your windows and then work your way down to the bottom. You can also use a clean and lint-free cloth or towel to dry your windows.
- Spray the glass of your windows either with a suitable cleaning solution or a mixture of vinegar and water. Make sure to thoroughly saturate the areas with the most prominent build-up of dirt, grime, spots and stains. Also, allow the cleaning solution to sit for a few minutes before you re-spray the glass before it dries. Dip a small towel in the bucket full of the cleaning solution and then scrub the glass with that towel. Dry the glass of your windows with a paper towel or a soft cloth and if you still see any dirt, grime, spots and stains left behind then repeat the process.
- Use the frames of your windows with a wet sponge but if they’re very grubby then use mild detergent on wood or specialist cleaner on uPVC.
- Don’t neglect the screens of your windows. Rinse your window screens with water, spray with a suitable cleaning solution or a mixture of vinegar and water, then rinse again with water.
Wash your windows on a regular basis, so that you will have to do much less each time you plan on cleaning your windows in detail, because less build-up makes cleaning of windows a lot easier they are easier to clean.
Another very important thing to remember is that it is best to clean your windows on a cloudy day so that window cleaning solution and soapy water do not dry onto your windows before you get the chance to wipe them off.