Office Cleaning Checklist for 2021
Covid-19 has upset the very foundation of modern-day society. It’s almost been a year now since this deadly virus broke out in Wuhan. By now, most people around the world agree that this virus is here to stay until a vaccine is ready for use. We are now at a stage where we must learn to resume our daily lives while adapting to the virus.
As offices are now beginning to open, it is important for all of us to play our part in stopping the spread of Covid-19 by making sure that we keep our offices clean either by using in house cleaners or by hiring an office cleaning company. Every individual has to play their part in order to protect themselves and everyone else around them. Only by caring for one another can we keep Covid-19 at bay.
Today, we are going to go through all the steps that we can take to minimize our risk of exposure to Covid-19 while we are in our office spaces. Our office cleaning checklist is going to cover the basics of keeping your workspace Covid-19 free. Let’s get started.
What Do You Need?
In order to keep your office space coronavirus free, you need to have some basic equipment available at your premises:
- A dedicated storage space where office cleaning supplies can be stored
- Surface Cleaning/Disinfecting Solution (preferably Covid 19 spray) in a spray bottle or in the form of wipes.
- Hand sanitizers
- Basic cleaning equipment (mops, buckets, cleaning rags, etc.)
- A method to record each day’s cleaning activities
When Should You Clean Your Office?
You can’t expect to spend half your day at the office wiping surfaces. You need to maintain your productivity as well. The trick to maintaining proper office cleaning is to be efficient.
- Your office space should undergo general cleaning at the end of each day. Cleaning supplies should be used to disinfect surfaces that are touched frequently by people throughout the day.
- Everyone should be responsible for cleaning their own workstation. You can clean your workstation once at the start of the day and once after your day ends.
For office spaces that don’t have enough resources to dedicate to everyday cleaning, they can consider hiring office cleaning services instead. There are plenty of cleaning companies in Pakistan that can help you clean and disinfect your office space.
Whether you decide to outsource your cleaning or do it yourself, it is essential. If Covid-19 spreads in your office and amongst your staff, your business/company’s productivity can be compromised.
What to Clean in Your Office?
When cleaning your office, you must keep all frequently touched surfaces in mind:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Kitchen Surfaces
- Toilet Surfaces
- Elevator buttons
Before you begin cleaning/disinfecting your office, you need to make sure you follow proper safety measures:
- Wear a face mask and disposable gloves while cleaning.
- Don’t share wearable equipment (gloves, mask, etc.) with anyone else.
- When cleaning rooms/places where the spread of Covid-19 is suspected, make sure to wear a PPE suit as well.
- Keep windows and doors open in order to maximize air circulation during the cleaning process.
- Once you are done with your office cleaning, gather all used gloves, masks, PPE suits, and other disposable items in a plastic bag and seal it. Once the bag has been sealed, throw it in the trash with the rest of your waste.
- Clean all of your re-usable equipment and let it dry completely before you put it away for storage.
- Make sure to store everything in an orderly and organized fashion.
Office cleaning will become an essential activity in the post-Covid era. Office spaces will need to dedicate resources for disinfection and cleaning in order to keep the virus in check. Fortunately, cleaning and disinfecting an office isn’t that big of a hassle. As long as basic cleaning equipment is available and everyone is given basic training, your office space will remain Covid free. And if you can’t spare any resources for cleaning, you can always hire a janitorial services company.